defines the types of data collected from hospitals and ASCs and what fields are assigned by WHAIC and what fields are required on the claim file for each hospital stay or ASC visit to create a record for each patient seen.
This section contains the WHAIC discharge data files specifications or limitations for the following types of patient records sent by the facility:
- Inpatient admit through discharge data from hospitals (INP)
- Emergency department data from hospitals (ER/ED)
- Ambulatory / outpatient surgery data from hospitals (OPS)
- Other hospital outpatient (OHO), & provider-based billing /location (PBB/L) data
- Data from freestanding ambulatory surgery centers (ASC or FASC)
Information such as patient name and demographics will be masked with encryption or census block group identifiers. Clinical information about the services rendered (e.g., diagnoses, procedures performed, length of stay), billing information (e.g., expected payer category, amount charged), and the facility identity must be included.